Thursday 31 March 2016

Greeting Cards and Gifts for Gardeners . . .





.

. . . and for anyone who loves their garden!


View from my bedroom window in June

If you're stuck for a gift or greeting card for someone who loves their garden, you've come to the right place!

I love gardening and find it very therapeutic - it's not just about being close to Nature, although that's always good for us. It's also been discovered recently that there are microbes in the soil that act on our brains in the same way as anti-depressant pills! 

You can read all about it HERE

Daffs under the Magnolia
So no wonder so many of us enjoy our gardens, whether as active gardeners or simply appreciating the beauty of the flowers - or the taste of fresh, home-grown vegetables! 

I have a small patch, front and back. 

My front garden in dominated by a magnificent Magnolia tree that reaches up to the telephone wires. So I don't attempt to grow much other than spring bulbs around it - and was already full of lilies-of-the-valley and wild violets when I moved here so it has become a semi-wild garden.


On the other hand, although my back garden is small, its beds are crammed with flowering plants on the assumption that the more flowers there are the less room it leaves for the weeds to grow. So far, I've been proved more or less right about that! Weeding is not a favourite part of gardening, as far as I'm concerned!

Honeysuckle, Roses and Philadelphus

In spite of being so small, having high walls on each side allows the colours and fragrances to continue up and over the vertical surfaces with climbing roses, honeysuckle, clematis and jasmine.

If ever I had to move to a flat without my own garden, I would definitely need to have window-boxes to fill with flowers!

But a garden takes time and effort and as long as we're fit and well, it's a very healthy way to exercise. Yet another reason to love gardens! So chances are you have a family member or friend who is a keen gardener, who would appreciate a greeting card or gift with a gardening theme.


So here's a selection of specifically garden-themed gifts and greeting cards - many more in my Zazzle store, where you can use the 'search' button to find what you want!

Click on the image below to see the full collection.


Over the years, my love of flowers has led me paint them in watercolour and oil pastels. And I've used some of those paintings to create greeting cards and gifts, such as mugs and cushions/pillows.

Here are 100 floral pillows from my Posh & Painterly store!

Click on the image below to see the full collection -


But you can also find a great many more floral gifts, such as smartphone and iPad cases, as well as home and fashion accessories, giftwrap, gift bags and greeting cards in my Posh & Painterly store!



Flowers from my garden have also found their way onto many of the fabrics, in my Posh & Painterly store, as well as some that are for sale on the UK site, Woven Monkey.



Spring has been very much a stop-and-start affair this year, with lovely warm, sunny days followed by hail and storms and forecasts of snow on the hills! 

This makes the gardener's job somewhat tricky as whether plants and seeds thrive - or not! - is so dependent on the weather. And nobody enjoys doing the necessary spring gardening jobs, dressed up to the nines in waterproofs and fleeces on cold, wet days.



But the garden waits for no man and sometimes we just have to get on with it, in the fairly certain hope that we'll be rewarded at a later date, when 'everything in the garden is lovely!'

Dreaming Spires Roses in May, climbing up - and over! - the wall!
My neighbour has the best view of them!

Meanwhile, if you, too, are experiencing some of the less than clement spring weather, why not enjoy a browse of the very many floral gifts and greeting cards in my Zazzle stores!



It'll make a change from browsing seed catalogues!

(And you'll also find a great many blog posts about my garden, including posts about the Birth Month Flowers, in my other blog.)




5 comments:

Janet Palaggi said...

Great Post Judy, you have such a beautiful garden and beautiful products.

Judy Adamson said...

Thank you very much for your comments, Janet! :)

Marieke said...

You have a beautiful garden! What an inspiration for your art!

Judy Adamson said...

Thank you, Marieke - yes, it's worth the work in the garden for so much inspiration! :)

Weaveron Textile said...

Awesome things.. Your all creativity is fantastic...