Friday 26 August 2011

Celebrating Kwanzaa


Before I created these greeting cards and gifts, I had to search Google for 'Kwanzaa' as I don't think it is known outside the United States; at least, I had never heard of it. I discovered that in 1966-67, Dr Maulenga Karenga founded this week-long celebration of African-American heritage and culture, details of which you can find on the official Kwanzaa website here.

An important part of the celebrations is the lighting of seven candles, three of them green, three red and one black. So these strikingly coloured candles form the basis of my Kwanzaa greeting card designs.

   

   



And here's a sheet of stickers for sealing those Kwanzaa greeting card envelopes:




At the end of the holiday, which runs from Dec 26th - Jan 1st, gifts are exchanged so here are some I've created for sale in my Zazzle store:
















 




If you don't see what you want here, maybe you'd like to use my Kwanzaa design to create your very own Kwanzaa gift or Greeting Card - the possibilities are endless at Zazzle!
 




No comments: