Monday 11 July 2011

Greeting Cards for Quilters and Anyone who Likes Patchwork!

They say that patchwork and quilting are a very good antidote to stress and I must say that when I've made patchworks in the past, I've found it very relaxing.

When my children were young and most of my friends had young babies, I made little pram quilts as 'new baby' gifts, using mini-floral fabrics and edging them with broderie anglaise. Then, later, when the grandchildren started to arrive, I made larger cot quilts for them. I used bright colours and often based my designs on traditional Islamic patterns.

Here are some of the greeting cards that I've made from photos of my cot quilts and some other patchwork designs that I've painted or made from handpainted paper collage:

                       


                    


          


                    


                      


                      

                      

This is just a small selection of the 'quilt' cards in my Greeting Card Universe store and if you don't see what you want, you can request customisation, free of charge, through my store.

You may also be interested in the many products I've made using these designs in my Zazzle store!



 



No comments: